Our team are motivated to promote a supportive culture by role modelling our “Bee Code of Conduct” and implementing our positive rewards and peer support programs. Another way we embrace our community is by wearing our JAKSA studio uniforms to all classes and performances.
Our team have found that our students gain a strong sense of belonging, a feeling of equality and this in turn helps to promote mutual growth.
All JAKSA Students are required to wear the signature JAKSA uniform of:
- Black tights/leggings
- JAKSA T-shirt
- Appropriate black dance footwear
- JAKSA hoodie
Some classes must also wear:
- Junior and Intermediate Classical Ballet must wear pink classical ballet stockings, a black leotard with a pinch pleat/gathered front and pink classical ballet shoes, they must wear their JAKSA T-shirt & jumper over their classical ballet uniform to & from the studio. Hair must be up in a ballet bun.
- Ballet Bugs, Musical Munchkins and Pre JFH can wear their favourite tutu skirt as well as their JAKSA T-Shirt/Jumper and black jazz shoes.
- Lil Steppers wear black tap shoes.
- All Modern jazz students must wear a black split-sole jazz shoe
All JAKSA studio T-Shirts, Jumpers, Singlets and Dance shorts, can be purchased from JAKSA however brand new dance shoes have to be purchased from a dance shoe store such as Leslie’s shoes at Padstow or Bloch’s. There are second hand uniforms and shoe’s available, sizing is dependent on stock availability.